Tuesday, March 30, 2010

300 G2: Off The Blocks

Frontliners 300 recorded their first win of this year's PFL campaign with a 7-1 victory over fireBRANDS Patriots last Saturday.

Sounds so professional.

Frontliners 300 were in attacking mode against Patriots this time around and were parked in front of Patriots's goal in the first half. However, they stood firm and proved a stubborn side to break down when Patriots keeper, Joyce pulled off five saves in quick succession. Frontliners still found it hard to find the back of the net even when Patriots had only 4 players on court.

Walson was the first to break the deadlock with an assist from Tristan. Walson has the honour of scoring 300's first goal of this year's league nearly 8 minutes into the game.

Frontliners were made to wait for their second goal. About 10 minutes, if you're wondering how long exactly. Patriots often caught 300 on the counter attack which left Kuan Yang fuming at the forwards who didn't drop down. No Michael Cheah this time to lead the Spartan cheer and the hairdryers. According to our chatbox, he was in Ipoh at that time.

(Fred found Kyle in the corner of...)

Kyle scored 300's long-awaited second goal after a neat assist from Fred.

There was no long wait for the 3rd goal, well, maybe 'cause any longer and it would have been the 2nd half. This time, Walson repaid the favour and turned provider for Tristan to score.

Half time: 3-0.

FireBRANDS came back with a cracker in the 2nd half, when 17 seconds in, caught 300's line off-guard and scored. Not long after, Marcus was handed a 2-minute penalty for heading the ball. (Too much football, Marcus?)

Kyle scored his 2nd of the game and 300's 4th with a neat wrist shot in the 4th minute of the 2nd period when Patriots were once again down to 4 players.

Six minutes later, Fred and Kyle linked up again and Kyle scored his hat trick.

Sachin received 300's second bench penalty of the game for repeated offences. Slashing 3 times in a row. Even when down to 4 players, Tristan managed to score and make it 6-1.

Marcus, the youngest player in the squad, added another in dying seconds to make the final score 7-1.

AND FINALLY, even after working pretty hard and having a hat trick to his name...

Kyle looks a little uncomfortable receiving the Man of the Match Can of Isotonic Drink. Gatorade this time around.

And another once in a lifetime can...

Captain Ray Gan who, looks rather reluctant to receive the can of Gatorade, turned 15 on match day. (I guess 300 prefers 100 Plus, coach.) :)

NEXT UP: 300 vs Spearhead.

No comments: