Friday, June 13, 2008

Part II: Ladies' PTPY

Pei Li: I love these kind of tournaments. Fun and rather inconsequential, all in the name of friendship... though I admit I might get a little competitive and overbearing. All in the name of winning.
No point strategizing or counter-strategizing too much, as I tend to do, one of my many mistakes. And don't you just know that feeling when you know you've got your goal covered... and the ball just slips past you.
All the more reason to love 3v3s. Mistakes don't matter as much as in Penang League.
I did score (a whole lot more of penalties than in open play). The penalty practice paid off very well... consider it the gold I never won in January's floorball challenge.
Definitely worth the sweat.

Tania: There are sunny days, as there are rainy days. There are birthdays (22 January, for instance) as there are deathdays (but I'll never die). And so there are floorball days (like Youthwave) as there are days when I'm not even supposed to touch a floorball stick (and that brings us to...).
PTPY. RM8 sounded reasonable enough, until lethargy (think Mr. Abdullah) and blurness kicked in. Some clumsy footing (by yours truly) meant an own goal in the first game.
Anything I clearly remember about the other games is blurry by now, but still, lesson learnt: Laziness is a sin in floorball. Run for that holey ball.
Maybe that RM8 could've been better spent on something else (chicken chop, anyone?). Or maybe not.
Marlina: In PTPY Floorball Tournament, I've become (a) more experienced floorballer. I joined this tournament not because of the prize but because I was wanting to mix around with other floorballers from other clubs, so I could learn more and more from them, since I've been a novice all this while. So I think this tournament has helped me improve a lot. Thank you.
(Yes, she was dribbling towards the goal, not away from it. This lady is FAST.)
Sonia: Participating in the PTPY tournament was definitely a great experience. Playing with different teammates was a challenge but I did learn a lot and had fun.
(This lady in blue here was zealously guarding her goal, so much so that no pictures could be found of her on court... Good job!)
Roselyn: Blur, fun, and enjoy(able)... let floorball burn in passion!
(Funfact: Thinking she didn't make it through to the second round, she took off home, only to speed back ten minutes later after frantic calls by her teammates. Yes, she made it back in time.)
Lavinia: I like it a lot cause it has a diff(erent) concept.. and I got to mix around with the others.. Love it! I guess they should provide longer rest time lo. Tiring.
(Ms. Lam here had a little accident of her own...):









(...but still made it to the last round, going where bigger and better opponents could not. Also scored two goals along the way. Way to go!)

No comments: